Friday, October 31, 2014

Financing a Habit

There are many habits that people have. Some of them are great, others not so much. To every book lover in the world, we are all about the habit of not just reading books, but also purchasing them. I am someone who tries to find creative ways of balancing my reading habit with my habit of purchasing books. It is not an easy thing to figure out.

As an avid reader, the idea of purchasing new books and waiting for them to arrive is something I enjoy greatly. The most fun thing about purchasing books is going through the myriad of websites from Amazon to Better World Books, and relishing the books I see. Adding things to my wishlists is always a great way to get things I want. I tend to save things for later because it gives me something to purchase when I need some retail therapy.

The worst thing about financing my habit is figuring out how to not overload my cart and go broke. Lets be honest here, as readers we hate that sometimes being an adult (or someone like it) has to come first. It sucks. There I said it. Working through all of those wishlists and websites, it's exhausting even though it's fun but sometimes adulthood has to come first.

In short, financing a wonderful habit like reading can be difficult, but not impossible. If you look at your finances and find a way to give yourself the gift of reading, you are already doing well for yourself. I encourage the reader in all of us...just try not to go broke enjoying your wonderful habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment