Thursday, December 11, 2014

Reading Challenges for 2015

We are about halfway through the final month of 2014 and I am happy to say I read 75 books so far this year. I am working on my 76th book right now, and I think I may be able to get at least one more in after that.

I have been thinking about reading challenges for the coming year. I always do the GoodReads challenge so that is a give in. I put a goal of 52 books as my goal for 2014 and blew by it in July, so now I am going to go a bit higher in 2015. I am setting a goal of 75 books to be read in the new year. I know it sounds ambitious, but I know I can do it. I am also doing a few smaller challenges this coming year and those are the following:

Graphic Novel/Manga Challenge-Read 5 books in this genre

Big Book Challenge (Books over 400 pages)-Read 8 books for this challenge

The TBR Bookshelf Challenge-Basically this is a challenge to see how many I can read that come right from my bookshelves.

Read from my Kindle Challenge-I am going to try and read at least 5 books from my Kindle in 2015. It is full of great reads and even though I read from it often, I need to read from it more.

The final challenge I think I will be doing in 2015 is the multi genre challenge which is basically a challenge to see how many different genres I can read outside of my usual Historical Fiction genre which is, of course my favorite. The reason I want to do this challenge is because I have been lucky enough to branch out a bit genre wise this past year but I know I can do better. There is no telling what those genres will be right now, but I may need to hit the library to hit different genres that I may not have a crazy amount of access to right at home.

So these are my challenges for 2015. I know it is going to be fun and it looks crazy, but I am a crazy reader so it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment